- On Monday, October 22, 2018, an explosive device was found at the home of George Soros, a target of frequent right-wing conspiracies.
- Late on Tuesday, October 23, 2018, an explosive device was intercepted by the secret service that was addressed to the Clintons.
- Wednesday, October 24, 2018, an explosive device was intercepted by the secret service that was addressed to the Obamas.
- The same day, an explosive device was found at CNN. The device was addressed to former CIA director John Brennan. This package also contained white powder. NYPD states that the bomb looked to be active.
- The same day, the bomb squad is at the offices of Debbie Wasserman Schultz, former head of the DNC and representative of Florida’s 23rd district, checking on a suspicious package. It was addressed to former Attorney General Eric Holder, but since the address was wrong it was sent to the return address. This was later found to be an explosive device.
The same day, New York governor’s Manhattan office received a suspicious package.This was later found not to be an explosive package and was completely unrelated.
- The same day, a package addressed to Representative Maxine Waters of California’s 43rd district was intercepted at the congressional mail screening facility in Maryland.
- All of the packages were using Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s office as the return address.
Right-wing terrorism is showing its ugly head just a few weeks before the 2018 Midterm elections. I feel safe in describing it as such for one and only one reason: all of the targets thus far are or worked for Democrats or the target of right-wing conspiracies. More specifically, vocal opponents of Trump.
Donald Trump has long been associated with what is called stochastic terrorism, defined by dictionary.com as:
the public demonization of a person or group resulting in the incitement of a violent act, which is statistically probable but whose specifics cannot be predicted
He has even recently praised a congressman for assaulting a reporter, asking the police to “please don’t be too nice” to protestors being kicked out of a rally, and asking his rally attendees to attack any protestors by saying “just knock the hell … I promise you I will pay for the legal fees”. The biggest one, if you recall, was to make mention of “second amendment people” during the presidential campaign:
By the way, and if she gets to pick — if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don’t know. But I’ll tell you what, that will be a horrible day, if — if — Hillary gets to put her judges in.
August 9, 2016
Of course more recently he has been rattling the cages by calling the media the enemy of the people, echoing Adolf Hitler’s many rants against the media.
It is the press, above all, which wages a positively fanatical and slanderous struggle, tearing down everything which can be regarded as a support of national independence, cultural elevation, and the economic independence of the nation.
English Translation by James Murphy
So is it surprising that we now have someone sending bombs in the mail to take out political figures? There is likely to be a push from people in certain circles to try to say this isn’t terrorism or that this is a false flag. Yes, don’t forget that there are those twisted individuals that will see anything like this as a false flag, an attempt to take something away by faking something. The whole concept is asinine and it’s an attempt to completely derail any legitimate after-action.
I pin this directly onto Trump. He has raised the violent rhetoric used in politics to a dangerous level and has done so completley
This is still an ongoing event, so I am sure things will change as the day goes on.